Monday 2 April 2007

I've just tried to log in and was told unceremoniusly ... Blogger - unexpected error. Suppose that sums up my blog really.

If only the essays I had to write at school were as easy as blogging. I never think about what I'm going to write here. Somehow, the logging in process seems to prompt my inspiration. My 12 year old son announce today that he loved writing essays . You could have knocked me down with a feather. This is the same child that would hide if he saw me sharpening a pencil in anticipation of the potential horror at me asking him to come and do his English homework. His new found enthusiasm must have something to do with the fact that he 'writes' everything now straight onto his laptop. I winced at the thought of having to shell out £1500 on this piece of required school equipment but had I known then that it would have transformed his mistrust of the written word into such enthusiasm , I would happily have paid thousands more !

Spring has sprung and we're out in the garden again. We now know where the cat's toilet is located. Bang slap in the middle of the lawn. The grass is strewn with teh detritus of an exhausting day's play. Last year's summer toys look rather shabby having been wintered out for the last few months. Mind you the kids don't seem to mind. I'm determined to enjoy these first few flushes of sunny weather before the flies appear and the hospipe bans loom.

No comments:

Post a Comment