Saturday 19 December 2009

Is that really me ?

I went to have my photo taken the other day at a posh studio in Richmond - not a posh price though - this was something I'd treated myself to at the very start of my Lighter Life journey - a voucher from Argos in their Bank Holiday sale for the bargain price of a fiver.

It was one of those makeover deals - you go in looking ghastly and come out looking like a supermodel, or so you're led to believe. I seem to remember these being all the rage back in the unforgiving 80's where ugly ducklings could go for the 'Cover Girl' experience and have their photos taken through a heavily vaselined lens with a feather boa draped seductively over a naked shoulder.

So the prints came back  today and even if I do say so myself , the girl scrubbed up OK ! So that's husband's Christmas prezzie sorted.




6 comments:

  1. Very soon you'll have to change your profile to all true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Claire - you look absolutely fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture made me mist up - you look SO BEAUTIFUL! It's been a gruelling effort but so worth it. Here's to all kinds of new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW claire!!!! you look fantastic!!!! well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing and beautiful.Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete