Wednesday 27 July 2011

Calico Cat

Every month, something REALLY exciting happens. It starts with a ring on the doorbell where I'll find my lovely postie standing with a large brown box in his hands.

If I can make it down the hallway without ripping the tape from it's sides in order to spill its luscious contents, by the time I reach the kitchen table , I'm already gasping with delight at the prospect of revealing what lies inside.

Yes its D for delivery Day for my monthly Studio Calico kit.

By the time I've carefully eased the pretty sticker that seals the brown paper bag and stroked each and every piece of paper, I usually find there's an interloper on the scene. His name is Jack and he knows he's in for a treat. I swear he can smell that box a mile away . I'm convinced the lovely packers at Studio Calico must slip in some catnip on the sly.

We've tried a number of comfy, plushy, squishy, furry, padded, quilted cat bed things but to no avail. He knows his place. Not for him the luxury of designer comfort. He prefers the solid, honest, integrity of a brown cardboard box. But I must credit him with great taste . If you're going to curl up for a nap , you might as well surround yourself with the beauty of a Studio Calico kit.

Way to go Jack.


4 comments:

  1. Soooo funny. He is super cute and I love him instantly! Reminds me of our cat Apex. He would live in delivery boxes if I wasn't breaking them down and putting them in recycling so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha, all of my boxes get 'catted' as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes, Jack is very cute and all that but what was in the box???

    He he - see ya Sunday!

    Kate
    x

    ReplyDelete