Sunday 8 April 2012

Titter Ye Not

And for those who aren't old enough to remember, that's one of comedian Frankie Howerd's catchphrases from an ancient comedy called Up Pompeii - think 'Carry On' Meets 'I Claudius' ... oh dear, showing my age again.

So the mystery is over. The squeaking bedspring birdcall that's been irritating the pants off me for the last couple of weeks has finally been identified as the Great Tit ( hence the title of this post ) by Emma and verified by Sandra, courtesy of Chirp - an inspired App for your iphone which she kindly shared with me, which gives you sound-bites for every known resident bird in the UK.

Now I just have to work out how to get rid of my annoying little feathered friend. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the double entendres of being able to post comments like ' managed to upload my  Great Tits ' on here and elsewhere. Nothing like the word Tit to get a cheap laugh .. as Frankie Howerd knew well.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! We have a dormer window in our bedroom and birds had got into the space above it via the eaves of the house. When their eggs hatched the noise was beyond annoying! Who needs alarm clocks? We had to wait until they had all grown and left the nest and then have someone round to put silicone aroung the gaps where they had got in. Peace at last!

    ReplyDelete