Friday 25 September 2015

Let's Celebrate the Makers

Christmas is coming ( I know , it's still a whole quarter of a year away but I never have been good at that thing called delayed gratification ) and the High Street coffers will be getting fat , let's put a few quid in the crafter's hat.

I will be trying very very hard to shun the lure of online shopping and that well know department store's Monty replacement dreamed up by the marketing gurus in a city office sometime in July. Instead I'll be buying from my favourite crafters who were all out on parade last weekend at the Handmade Fair at Hampton Court.

I NEED to show you some of the fabulous thing they've made. Here are some of my favourites, photographed alongside their beautiful creations.

Allow me to introduce ...





Lucy Elisabeth , freehand wirework artist whose work I covet. You can find her creations at www.lucyelisabeth.com. She also takes commissions for private work , such as this beautiful 'written' lyric - I hope my husband is reading this.




This is Kirstie Perry from Somerset , textile artist, one of whose fabric brooches I bought for a friend, in the shape of a hummingbird.








You can find her work at www.kirstiesallsorts.com - what a delightful gift for Christmas and boxed too. I have my eye on the fox ... and the bluetit ... and a few others besides.

These caught my eye too. I've already bought a pattern to make a 21st birthday present for eldest son but the chances of being able to make it in time are diminishing. Rosy Hammersely at www.thefoldedpage.com will do all the hard work for you , if like me you have a bulging drawer of unfinished crafts awaiting attention and too little time.



Elly VValler makes beautiful notecards - what a perfect present - beautifully wrapped. You can find her work on Etsy or contact her by emailing hello@deartome.co.uk

These took my eye - always a sucker for a bear.


Here's lovely Isabelle from Creative Quilting in Hampton Court - a treasure trove of all things quilting and sewing - who used to come to my scrapbooking classes. You can find her here at www.creativequilting.co.uk She runs lovely workshops - a wonderful way to spend a morning .. or two.



Magpie and the Tambourine can be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Magpie-and-the-Tambourine. Love their domed displays like this one ...




Who wouldn't want to find one of these delightful needle felt kits in their stocking on Christmas morning ? Beautifully packaged and very reasonably priced between £8.50 and £15 . Right to the top of my Christmas wish list. She makes the most beautiful crochet cushion kits too. 




More domes ... can't get enough . This sweet little Christmas dome is from Acorn and Will and I had to restrain myself from buying a Christmas decoration in September ... but I will be snapping this up come end of October when I'm allowed to go wild on Christmas.



This is Luna Russell from Silverdashery who had the most beautifully composed stall and the most exquisite jewellery for creative makers inspired by the world of haberdashery. You can find her work at www.silverdashery.com.






I have my eye on this pretty needle and three necklace.



So, let's here it for the crafters - I hope this has sewn a little seed of inspiration for your Christmas shopping. Thank you Sandra for my ticket - can't wait for  next year's Handmade Fair.
Managed to hitch a lift in Kirstie Allsopp's buggy when she wasn't looking - way to travel eh ?















1 comment:

  1. I wish I lived close enough and had the time (and money) to go to some of these days. However via you I have spotted a fox cushion that my Mum would love for Christmas. And she loves sewing so I may just look at the jewellery ladies wares too - thanks x

    ReplyDelete