Friday 22 July 2016

Swimwear shopping

Enough said , in fact the less the better. I think there is something called body dysmorphia where you think you're enormous but you're actually very slender. I have the opposite.  I came out of TK Maxx with a clutch of swimsuits in size 14 ... all of which will be going back tomorrow. I managed to lose my boobs completely whilst trying on one in particular. I eventually discovered them poking out of the armholes in amongst swathes of dislodged foam padding, presumably designed to flatter your silhouette but achieving the opposite. One was a halter neck - a brave move I hear you say ... or stupid. In order to secure my boobs inside the swimsuit, I'd have had to have tied the neck so tight that I may have appeared bent double - not a good look. One had ' high legs ' . What are these ? Whatever they are, my legs are clearly not high. Lumpy with cellulite perhaps but not high . Do they make polo necked swimsuits. Someone should .

The battle of the bulge as dear Terry Wogan used to call it , was lost to the victory of stash shopping though - about 10 : nil in fact.

And so here's what I found to cheer me up. Good to see that Tx Maxx is back on the scrapbooking trail again - get on down to your nearest branch ( but not Kew Retail Park which now has a large dent in it's stock ) .

Bought several of these for my more attentionally challenged students .





And this little bargain pack for only £3.99 in a tres chic shade of french navy - one pack of the enamel shapes would have cost that alone. I love the vellum sheets especially.




Yes - that is rose gold you see before you . A perennial favourite of mine and you can never have enough file folders.




A smattering of My Minds Eye Market Street loveliness in a collection I missed a couple of years ago so was pleased to remake my acquaintance with it . I'm planning on making a whole bunch of cards with this little lot. What about that gorgeous map paper in the grey, gold and blush pink colours - swoon. I'm not madly fond of brads but they were too much of a bargain to resist and go so well with the paper pad even though they're all from different ranges ( Just Sayin' and Niche ) .




My favourite ever woodgrain papers in 6x6 format which I have bought before but have used up entirely and some snazzy gold glitter stickers from My Minds Eye.




And finally this little gem .... which is holding my all time most favourite nail colour by Essie called Penny Talk, although I may requisition it for my Stickles ... or might I even have to buy the entire collection of Ranger's Enamel Accents coming soon - now there's a thought to banish the swimwear blues. I shall just have to swim naked on my holiday - not a good visual with which to leave you !



2 comments:

  1. great post as usual! I am currently trying to find swimwear for my hols too...Figleaves are great order online try at home and return for free... though like you I had fun trying some on!!! Love the alternative shopping, feeling a trip to TK Maxx may be on the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you got some great bargains!

    ReplyDelete