Sunday 4 April 2010

Tonight's the Night

At about 7.30 this evening, I will be stepping out onto the stage here ...



... at The Royal Albert Hall in London with my fellow Rock Choir members to sing our very first BIG concert in public. Rock Choir have been asked to accompany The Soldiers on tour. I almost can't believe it , so much so , that I couldn't get to sleep last night.

We'll be singing a 5 song repertoire comprising - Valerie, Walking on Broken Glass, Dancing in the Street, Can't Hurry Love and Something Inside So Strong. And as if that isn't enough , we'll then be joining The Soldiers at the end of their set to sing backing vocals for their single Coming Home.

The boys will be there in the audience to watch and listen and hopefully applaud a bit at the end. We'll then be back on stage to sing with The Soldiers on Do I Make You Proud - hope I do make my boys sort of proud. A nice thing to put on my CV and to look back one day and say - yes I sang at The Royal Albert Hall . Can't believe it really . Off to straighten my hair , put on a bit of slap and tune up my vocal chords . More pictures tomorrow .

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Have a fantastic time, it will be amazing! Take as many pics as you can and try and remember every moment.
    When I was about 9 my school country dancing group took part in a competition at the Royal Albert Hall and I still boast about having been on stage there - 43 years later!

    ReplyDelete