Monday 19 June 2017

the end is near ...

... not of the world but of A Levels and I'm not even sitting them. I've never know such a turtuously drawn out process and I'm a teacher.

Youngest son is sitting in his revision 'cave'  ( think black out curtains and feeble fan wafting hot air around in 30 degree temperatures ) where's he's been holed up for the last 2 months. Motivation is at an all time low and yet he's ploughing through his revision notes studiously and I'm immensely proud of him.

The mood in the country is sombre following recent events and I can't help feeling a wave of nausea at what the future holds. To be a youngster in the current political climate must be  monumentally dis-spiriting and I think of myself as an optimist. Heaven help us.

I'm currently reading Jeremy Paxman's autobiography which is mildly amusing and surprisingly self deprecating thankfully. At least there's a wealth of decent vocabulary in it to keep me on my toes and remind me that the last time I looked in a dictionary was rather a long time ago.

Recommendations please on what to read next .


No comments:

Post a Comment